Bump Update: 23 Weeks


We're more than halfway there are time is flying by! I can't believe in just a few months we get to meet our little Ruby girl. Still haven't picked out a middle name (we're liking Delilah, Josephine and Grace), but the first and last will be Ruby Rogers. It's so great to be able to call her by her name. The other day my nephew, Peyton, was playing a video game in which he got to name a pair of dragons. He named them Peyton and Ruby. Too cute for me to deal with.



As you can see, I'm giant. I knew going into this pregnancy that my bump would be larger than average. My family gets big bumps and I'm short, so there's just no helping it. It's still crazy to see. I don't even fit into my heavy-duty winter coat anymore, so I'm really hoping that the weather warms up.


We've made tons of progress on the nursery, which I'm excited to put up here soon. I've also gotten tons of clothes that will last her throughout her first 18 months. Old Navy has had a bunch of seasonal clearances and sales on top of that, so I figured we'd stock up while stuff wasn't full price. For the record, little girls' clothes are the cutest. (You can even spot a tiny pair of shoes in the pic below. 


I've been feeling great, baby's growing just as she should, and she kicks all the time. We did get some news at her 20-week ultrasound. I have what's called Marginal Umbilical Insertion, which means that instead of having Ruby's umbilical cord inserted into the middle of the placenta, hers is inserted at the edge. This can result in a lack of nutrition and oxygen, which results in a host of problems (early delivery, lack of growth and development, preclampsia, and a lot of other really scary things). So far she's growing exactly as she should, but I'll be monitored a little more closely than other pregnancies just to be sure she's getting all the goods that she should be. We're just staying as positive as we can (after all, the rate of very serious effects from the condition are relatively low) and doing everything in our power to make sure that she's as healthy as possible.



Leave a Response