Ruby's Newborn Photo Shoot

While I was pregnant I knew that one of the first things I wanted to do when Ruby was born was to get professional pictures taken. After looking around on Pinterest and on the Internet, it became clear that my tastes ran on the expensive side... what's new? I couldn't reconcile spending that much money on having someone take baby photos, so in classic Helen style I decided that after less than a week of recovery it would be a great idea to set up the shoot in our apartment and do it ourselves.

Thankfully, Grant was here to help me. I followed the advice of Autumn at It's Always Autumn and used things we already had in the house to create a studio (blankets, pillows, a basket, a swaddler). Grant used our camera, which is admittedly nicer than most people's, and I did some simple edits in Photoshop to complete the photos. The whole process took two days because she got a little cranky during the first day, but I can honestly say that it was so much easier than I thought it would be and we are so, so pleased with the results. Check them out!

























Leave a Response